I have come by C4 Cellucor Pre-Workout quite a few times in the past and have had guys at the gym ask me about it so I finally gave in and decided to do a review on it. It has been a while since I done reviews but my experience even with the latest supplements is extensive. Working at the gym I am always talking to guys taking various supplements and regularly answer questions about ones that I have reviewed or personally tried.
With this supplement I was unable to really get a lot of information on how exactly it works and further details but perhaps it is good as for the most part when there is a lot of information most of the time it is just marketing gibberish which doesn’t inform but rather frustrates. I did gather that it is a supplement for improving workouts which is a good start.
What is C4 Cellucor Pre-Workout?
This supplement provides your body with the power to have more explosive workouts and more endurance while you work out. The important thing to always remember when taking supplements is that they will not replace the regular workouts you are currently doing but will help enhance them allowing for faster and easier results. So, whatever you do, when taking a supplement continue with regular workouts and good diet.
The supplement formula consists of some of the popular ingredients found in similar supplements such as Beta Alanine, Creatine Nitrate, N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, and Caffeine. That last one I am a bit worried about but it all depends on how much of it is in the supplement. As long as it’s not an excessive amount it could do more good than bad.
Taking this supplement is very simple. Mix one serving with 4-6 oz. of water about 20-30 minutes before starting your workout. If you feel that your body is up for it or that the effects are starting to fade over time you can increase this to 2 servings with an added 4-6 oz. of water. Never take more than 2 servings per day. In the case that you work out two times a day you can take one serving with each workout.
You will not find information for cycling of this product but they do recommend you do cycle it every 8 weeks max. This is because your body may build up tolerance to some of the energy supporting ingredients and by taking a 2-4 week break your body will be reset and you will experience the supplement with all its benefits again.
Aside from this, there isn’t much more information. The one thing I DO recommend is you take the list of ingredients which I will discuss further down and speak with your doctor especially if you are taking medication or other supplements. This I recommend you do with every single supplement you consider taking as it could interact improperly with other supplement ingredients or some ingredients could be overdosed if they appear in the other supplement.
Ingredients in C4 Cellucor Pre-Workout
They offer Supplement Facts image which is great for getting the real information on whether this supplement is safe and effective.
Vitamin C – 250 mg
Niacin – 30 mg
Vitamin B6 – 500 mcg
Folic Acid – 250 mcg
Vitamin B12 – 35 mcg
Calcium – 27 mg
These ingredients are common in nearly every similar supplement so I will not go into further detail on them except for offering an external link where you can read up on them for more information.
Other Active Ingredients Include:
- Beta Alanine – 1.6 g – this ingredient is possibly effective for improving athletic performance and delays muscle fatigue. It is considered safe when taken for a short period of time and the dose in this supplement will not cause any side effects. Note that there is still very little research done.
- Creatine Nitrate (NO3-T) – 1 g. – though I was unable to find specific and useful information on NO3-T which is backed by real scientific research I did find information on Creatine in general. It is considered effective for athletic performance and shows a lot of promise when it comes to improving your overall workout. Considering its dose in the supplement it is considered safe and should not cause any side effects.
- Arginine AKG – 1 g – aids in the prevention of muscle breakdown and may improve athletic performance especially when combined with Beta Alanine. It is considered safe with no possible side effects.
Explosive Energy Blend – 371 mg
- N-Acetyl-Tyrosine – improves mental performance, memory, and overall alertness. There are a few minimal side effects reported.
- Caffeine Anhydrous – 150 mg – everyone knows its great benefits of improving energy and overall performance both physical and mental, even short term. The good thing is that it is in such a small amount that you will not experience any negative side effects unless you are super sensitive to caffeine. A standard cup of coffee can contain anywhere between 90 to 200 mg of caffeine so this dosage is nothing more than a regular cup of joe.
- Velvet Beat/Bean (Mucuna pruriens) Seed Extract (Standardized for d-Dopa) – there is inconsistent evidence for its numerous benefits none of which are connected with boosting energy or athletic performance. I have seen it in numerous other supplements though, so it perhaps works well with the other ingredients in the formula. I recommend you read over the possible side effects of the ingredient though to be acquainted with them.
- TeaCor Tetramethyl Uric Acid – or simply put, Theacrine, may possibly improve both mental and physical performance but there is still not enough evidence to be scientifically proven as there is very little research done. Of course, because there is little research done it is unknown if it poses a risk or has any side effects.
Buying C4 Cellucor Pre-Workout
Buying is simple. The cost is $39.99 and you have several options when it comes to flavors. You can choose 30 or 60 servings but the 60 serving option is currently sold out. The purchase process seems simple enough and after reviewing the website it seems like a safe place to buy from.
Should you Buy?
I can’t answer that. What I have done is provided you with as much information as possible to help you make a wise decision. Review each ingredient and speak with your doctor to make sure it is right for you. Read into reviews and comments on the product. I scanned several external websites with comments about this product and generally they seem happy with it though of course, as with every other supplement there were negative insights as well. I recommend you continue your research on C4 Cellucor Pre-Workout before ordering now that you have the most important information, you understand the ingredients.